LANACare woolen nursing pads are designed by LANACare especially for breastfeeding mothers. They provide best conditions for successful lasting breastfeeding. Wool nursing pads are incredibly soft and gentle, keep breasts warm and protected against cold or wind. Natural warmth of the wool stimulates circulation and provides soothing relief throughout breastfeeding. Wool absorb moist without feeling wet, and keep the breast warm. LANACare nursing pads contain natural lanolin, perfectly soothing sore nipples and detain bacteria. It is recommended to use a size that covers the whole breast. Recommended to use all year round.
LANAcare Extra style nursing pads have third layer of felted wool, between 2 layers of knitted wool, for greater barrier effect and absorption.
Benefits of woolen nursing pads:
- Most women need only 2 – 3 pairs for the entire nursing period. Economical, in the long run and environmentally friendly!
- Wool wicks moisture away from your skin, keeping you dry and comfortable, even in warm climates. When the pads do feel wet, they’re warm, not cold and clammy as with cotton or disposable pads.
- Your skin is kept dry and able to breathe, allowing sore nipples to heal. Since LANACare pads contain lanolin, use of lanolin ointment is a perfect combination of treatment for sore nipples.
- Scandinavian midwives have, for centuries, advised mothers to keep their breasts warm to prevent plugged ducts and mastitis. Larger sizes give protective coverage over greater a portion of the breast.
- With larger sizes, the edge of the pad falls further back on your breast, making pads less noticeable through clothing.
- The gentle warmth of the wool keeps blood vessels dilated, preventing the pain and discomfort caused by spasms.
- Natural fibers of wool allow skin to breathe, maintaining a comfortable temperature even in warm climates. Moderates temperature, for comfort even when moving between hot outdoor climates and cold air-conditioned inner climates.
- Variety of sizes and styles to suit each woman’s needs!
Guidelines in sizes
MINI (9 cm – 3½ in.) – recommended most often as additional inner layer for heavy leaking.
X-SMALL (12cm – 5 in.)- A or B cup.
SMALL (15 cm – 6 in.) – B or C cup, provides full coverage of the breast, yet fit inside most bras.
MED (18 cm-7 in.) – C or D cup.
LARGE (22 cm-9 in.) – D or larger cup
OVAL – teardrop shape 18×27 cm – 7×11 in. is intended for women with repetitive plugged ducts in area of armpit.
· 100% pure organic merino wool
· KBT, IVN, GOTS certificates
· Handwash 30 degrees .